Please find below information we hope will help you to enjoy your stay at the Lincombe Hall Hotel regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability or impairment.
Access for Less Mobile Guests
The management and staff of Lincombe Hall Hotel recognise the difficulties of access to the hotel due to the age and structure of the building and have attempted to alleviate access issues for guests with mobility problems as far as is reasonably possible.
The hotel is split over two buildings and separated by a relatively steep slope. The main car park is at the bottom of the slope and whilst access from that level can be via the internal corridor this also has six sets of stairs to reach the ground floor reception area in the main building. Handrails have been added to all sets of steps/stairs to assist with less mobile guests.
Unfortunately the nature and age of the building means that we cannot easily accommodate guests in wheelchairs, using mobility scooters or with limited mobility. There are a significant number of steps/stairs spread throughout the building due to the fact that the hotel is on a slope and therefore on numerous levels. There is no lift and whilst adding a lift has been considered, planning, location and safety restrictions would make it very difficult and the fact that every bedroom area is on a different level means that adding a lift would only create access to a very limited number of rooms. In addition we would still have access issues due to the steps up and down to Reception, down to Reception from the Lounge area as well as in the long link corridor between the two buildings.
We recognise that Lincombe Hall Hotel is not the most suitable hotel for disabled and less mobile guests and as such, we feel that it is important that the inherent issues of the building are fully explained to the guest, importantly at the booking stage so they can make an appropriate decision whether to book their stay at the hotel.
The improvements we have made include:
- Handrails added to all steps/stairs in communal areas including the link corridor, up and down to Reception (internal and external), down to the Restaurant and on all stairwells.
- Allowing access from the service/delivery yard and where possible reserving bedrooms 1 and 2 for less mobile guests.
- Improving access and the look of the service yard, door hooks to hold open the rear doors, offering a car moving service and ensuring appropriate storage for scooters and wheelchairs in the TV lounge immediately adjacent to the rear access and bedrooms 1 and 2.
- Making guests aware of the difficulties at the time of booking to ensure they can make a decision appropriately about booking at the hotel.
- Asking for suggestions from staff and guests about access issues and acting on any suggestions where practical and reasonable.
- A comprehensive Management Policy on Accessibility for the less mobile or disabled guest is available from the hotel which identifies the number of steps around the building and the issues that may affect your stay.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and bookings may be made by telephone, email or fax or via our website and direct booking service
- Should you require a taxi we are happy to order this on your behalf. We use a reliable taxi firm based locally in Torquay, however, settlement of any fares must be done directly between our guests and the taxi company concerned. We have no account facilities for any taxi firms.
- We can provide details of suitable motorised wheelchairs, which can be delivered to the hotel for your stay, please however be aware of the difficulties highlighted above regarding use within the building. If a motorised scooter is required, we will be happy to provide a full copy of our Management Policy on Access Issues for the hotel.
- The hotel is located approximately 2 miles from Torquay Train Station - taxi cost is approximately £6.00 from the Station.
- Directions to the hotel may be found on our website - postcode for SatNav is TQ1 2JX
Arrival and Departure
- Disabled parking is available to the rear of the hotel - please advise us should you require parking in this area.
- Ample complimentary parking is available in our private car park - however the parking area is at a lower level and requires walking up the slope and steps at the front of the hotel.
- We are more than happy to assist with luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room if preferred. Similarly on departure luggage can be collected from your room, stored if required or delivered to your car.
- Access from the front of the hotel from the main parking area is via a slope and concrete steps - there is a hand rail on the steps but not on the main slope and great care should be taken especially when wet.
- Our main doors are revolving doors and are unsuitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs - access can be gained via the rear doors which lead into the TV lounge - please advise reception should access be required through this route.
- The main lounge areas and bedrooms are accessed from reception via carpeted stairs/steps - assistance can be provided with luggage to your room.
During your stay
- There are steps and stairs around the building and no lift. All our corridors are well lit and carpeted, and all steps have handrails.
- There are steps down to the restaurant and out on to our patios, again hand rails are in place for guest use.
- There is ample movable seating in both our lounge areas and restaurant and there are chairs available with and without arms.
- Full waiter service is provided in the Restaurant with the exception of some of the breakfast service (buffet). Assistance can be provided for breakfast service if required.
- We do not have grab rails in the bathrooms except in our two ground floor rooms. Both these rooms have showers rather than baths with shower over.
- The Outdoor pool is located in the rear gardens, is between 1.1m and 1.2m deep and access is via a roman end/steps.
- Our grounds extend to 2 acres surrounding the hotel, the grounds are landscaped and on different levels. The ground may be uneven and some areas will require navigation of concrete steps and sloped pathways.
- Fire Alarm - the fire alarm system is mainly an audible system - electronic siren - except for the indoor pool area where there is a flashing sounder. All bedrooms have smoke detectors and an audible alarm system. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary. Please notify reception on arrival if assistance may be required.
- Guide dogs are allowed in all public areas of the hotel.
- We are able to store medical products in a designated fridge - please advise Reception if you require storage of items. All items need to be clearly labelled and the contents identified.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. We welcome feedback to continuously improve the information we provide to assist our guests during their stay. If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01803 213361 as a member of our staff will be delighted to assist.
Gold, Leisure and Tourism Business of the Year, South Devon Business Awards 2018
Highly Commended, Hotel of the Year 2017 for South Devon and the English Riviera
Silver, Hotel of the Year 2013 and 2014 for South Devon and the English Riviera
Winner, Hotel of the Year 2012 for South Devon and the English Riviera
Bronze (third place) for Hotel of the Year 2012 and 2014, Devon Tourism Awards
Highly Commended (4th Place) South West England Tourism Excellence Awards 2012-13
View All Awards